Report authors use Microsoft Word templates, enhanced by Infocouncil, to write reports. Infocouncil resides as a tab in MS Word, which makes it accessible and easy to use – no new skills are required. Information about the report is entered in a simple Report Data Screen. Reports are saved directly into leading electronic document management systems (EDMS).
A sophisticated facility is provided for adding attachments to reports. We support most document and picture formats up to A3 size, in landscape or portrait format. Powerpoint and Excel attachments are best converted to PDF before attaching. Attachments may be included or excluded from an agenda with a simple click of the mouse. Infocouncil also now offers the facility to create links in the PDF agenda to original attachments.
Confidential report handling is automated by the system. Report authors select the correct clause or clauses from a drop-down menu and Infocouncil looks after the rest. We have fine-tuned our system to cater for particular state requirements and for NZ Exclusion of the Public legislative requirements.
Infocouncil provides a comprehensive and fail-safe work flow for report authorisation. Default authoriser(s) are set for each report author - or may be assigned. When a report is ready for review the authoriser receives an Outlook email containing a link to the report, which they may approve, or edit and return to the author with comments and track changes. Version control is assured and revisions may be captured in the EDMS.
Here are some of the other features offered to report writers:
- Use the Document Menu to retrieve Infocouncil documents and conduct powerful searches.
- Re-allocate a report to a later meeting or refer it to a different committee.
- Clone a pre-existing Infocouncil report for use in another agenda.
- Include multi-level Council Plan items using the Council Plan tab.
- Pick from a list of bye-laws to include relevant clauses in a report. This is particularly useful for planning reports.